Wednesday 15 October 2014

Makeup Of The Month ♥ Natural Makeup

I'm dusting off my keyboard and brain storming new ideas! That's right, you heard me, I'm back in business! 

After many months of abandoning my blog due to year 12 school work, I'm finally able to return to what I love most, blogging! And to start fresh I thought what better way than to start a new series called 'Makeup Of The Month' This mini series will see a new look each month from vampy goddess to a sexy sultry look!

In each look I will be listing all the products I used along with the steps to how I achieved it! This month I created a gorgeous neutral look which is perfect for an everyday basis. So keep on reading if you want to see how I achieved this months look!


Step 1: Primer - Of course the first step to creating a flawless base is primer. For this look I used the Bareminerals neutralizing foundation primer all over my face to even my skin tone and smooth any imperfections.

Step 2: Foundation - As I wanted a fairly matte finish for this look due to the fact I have crazy oily skin, I used the Covergirl 3in1 stay fabulous foundation in 810 which I applied with my Real Techniques buffing brush. 

Step 3: Concealer - Next I took my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 and created a triangle shape under my eyes to highlight, I then pattered it softly into my skin with a damp beauty blender. To set my concealer I used my favourite drugstore under eye powder, the Elf HD under eye setting powder. 

Step 4: Face powder - Of course I set the rest of my face using my holy grail face powder,  MAC Studio Fix in NW13 with the Elf kabuki brush. I made sure to go easy with the powder however as im going for a very natural look!

Step 5: Cheeks - For bronzer I used my holy grail Benefit Hoola Bronzer which I lightly applied on the hallows of my cheeks. For blush I used my favourite natural everyday blush, Nars Deep Throat, and then to finish off my cheeks I added some of the gorgeous Mary Lou-Manizer from The Balm for a gorgeous glowy finish.

Step 6: Eyebrows -  For eye brows I used a great drugstore eye brow kit, the Elf eye brow kit in medium and I just used the gel to shape and fill my brows. A great tip which im obsessed with doing is cleaning up my brows with a concealer. For mine I used the LA Girl Pro Conceal in Classy Ivory and I simply just put this on the lower part of my brow to give it a cleaner looking appearance.

Step 7: Eyes - The eye look is ever so simple as I only used three shades and they were all out of the Lorac Pro Palette. Firstly I took cream and applied this all over my lid, then with a fluffy blending brush I applied taupe to my crease, finally finishing off with a dab of nude on my inner corner to brighten up my eyes. I then completed this eye look by applying two coats of Benefit they're real mascara. 

Step 8: Lips - Finally to finish the look I used MAC Velvet Teddy which I think goes absolutely perfect with this look!

And we are done! I hope you enjoyed this months 'Makeup Of The Month' post and keep an eye out for next months!

Sarah xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this look Sarah! Look forward to seeing more! X
    http://beautybyemilymichelle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete